28 October, 2010

Reverse Trick or Treat



The idea of Reverse Trick or Treating is pretty simple, but this simple idea has turned into a much beloved family tradition!   Here's how it all started!  









About 10 years ago, my husband and I were preparing our very young children for their first trick or treating experience.  Our daughter was terrified at the idea of going to houses and knocking on doors, so I decided to reverse the whole idea of trick or treating.  I filled the children’s plastic pumpkins with candy and we walked over to the university where my husband worked.  The children then passed out candy to college students and faculty, who kindly ooh-ed and aah-ed over the cute children in their costumes and said thank you for the candy.  The children loved loved LOVED this!  Over the next few years, more university faculty and their children have joined us and now my children (and others) love this tradition more than actual trick or treating!

Maybe your children would like to reverse trick or treat too!  Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. We are planning on going tomorrow at my local campus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a really cute idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They are always much appreciated. : )