27 January, 2011

A nifty little tip for counting with bead chains

I don't know if everyone already knows this or not, but just in case you don't . . .



It's a nifty little tip I learned from a local Montessori teacher.  When children are counting using bead chains, it might be easy for them to lose their places or miss a bead.  Even 3 year old fingers are bigger than the bead chain beads.  What to do . . .













The little closure pieces from store bought loaves are bread are the perfect size for little counters.  Here's one of mine I just took off a bag.


I cut it in half,


and tah dah, I have two little bead chain counters.  They are just the right size for little fingers, and the half circle opening just fits in the spaces between the beads.


Happy counting!

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! Thanks for sharing:)
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband thinks I'm nuts, I keep them in the corresponding color to the chain. Also, those disposable tooth floss devices work wonders!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They are always much appreciated. : )