12 February, 2011

I received a blogging award! Wow!

Wow!  An awesome thing happened to me yesterday!

Well actually, three great things happened to me!
  • It was 33 degrees and so I got to take my much beleaguered class of children outside
  • I received some fabulous wooden toys I ordered from Mamakopp on Etsy and . . .
  • I received a blogging award from Sally at Fairy Dust Teaching!  Thank you Sally!!!
Here it is!



As my grandfather used to say, Wowie MaDowie!   

The rules of acceptance of this Stylish award are . . .

1.  Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
2.  Share 7 things about yourself
3.  Award recently discovered great bloggers
4.  Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!

7 Things About Me:

  1. I have 3 children, a lovely husband, and a slightly neurotic dog.  I adore them all.
  2. I have an Irish maiden name and I love all things Irish - except Guinness.  Sorry about that.  I am going to Ireland this summer, on a walking tour of the Dingle Peninsula, and I could not possibly be more excited!
  3. I am not much of a cook, but I do bake a mean cookie.  
  4. I love to knit, but only if I don't have to use a pattern.  I like the end product to be a surprise!
  5. I have awesome friends which I figure must make me awesome by association.  Right?  : )
  6. My favorite book is The Little White Horse by Elizabeth Goudge.  I must have read it 100 times.
  7. I want to "grow up" to be just like my mother and my grandmother.  I am so blessed to have such amazing women in my life.
Without further ado, here are my award winners!  I love reading so many blogs, but these are my top three recent discoveries:

How the Sun Rose
The Education of Ours


It gives me great joy to know that so many people in the world such as these bloggers (and you readers too!) are working to fill children's lives with joy, wonder, and rich experiences.  Thank you for reading my blog and supporting me in my efforts in be a better teacher and parent.




3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Karen! And you really deserve it!

    Also, I want to thank you for discovering these 3 blogs for us.

    Hmmm...little bunny sneaked into your blog - did you notice him? He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An award! And a stylish one at that! Thanks so much for including me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very excited! I love your blog, I feel so great that you read mine. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They are always much appreciated. : )