After a few hours of working with the scroll saw and the rotary power tool today, I have learned . . .
- Poplar works better than pine for making little wooden animals. It cuts a little more slowly and doesn't jump out of my hand as easily as pine does. It also splinters less as I'm sanding it.
- If I turn the saw a little bit before I think I need to, the cut is closer to line and cleaner
- Online directions for old power tools make me happy.
- Dogs like wooden animals just as well as they like sticks. Both are so much fun to chew! (Can you see our dog investigating the animals here, just as I was taking the picture of them? Funny!)
- Sometimes that project that turns out a little wonky and not quite as I planned, turns out to be my favorite one of all. I can't wait to see how this little gnome looks after he has been wood burned and painted.
- Adults make a mess when they have fun, just as children do. Mess = fun!
I hope you had a messy and fun Saturday too!