22 April, 2011

A Basket Full of Eggs


Today the rain held off, even if only just barely, and our class had an Easter egg hunt.  The children had a wonderful time!


When we returned to the classroom, we sang a new version of A Basket Full of Nuts, a song we have been enjoying this year.  What?  You don't know this one?  Well, you can listen to it here or order the whole CD (Come Follow Me Volume I by Lorraine Nelson Wolf) here, from Bella Luna Toys.  My students and my family love every song on it, and on those days when the children are a little over excited (we have had quite a few of those lately), Wolf's voice is so soothing.



The regular version of A Basket Full of Nuts goes like this:


A basket full of nuts,
I gathered from the hickory nut tree.
And I am going home,
And I am taking them with me.

Tra la la, 
Tra la la,
Tra la la la la la la
Tra la la, 
Tra la la,
Tra la la la la la la

But of course, today after our egg hunt we sang . . .

A basket full of eggs,
I gathered from my school, look, see!
And I am going home,
And I am taking them with me.

Tra la la, 
Tra la la,
Tra la la la la la la
Tra la la, 
Tra la la,
Tra la la la la la la

The children loved singing this new version, and even sang it joyfully to visiting parents! If you need a little song to go along with your egg hunting, I'll bet your children will love it too. 

Happy Easter!

  

  





2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen ! thanks for stopping by my blog -- hang in there with me about the pics ! my blog has undergone a bit on "accident" and i am having to restore alllll the pics one at a time -- it should be done soon ! your blog is lovely -- and yes -- i am ecclectic in my dayhome and parenting -- i do tend to try and pull the "best" aspects from the "best of the best" sort of speak... i am sooo glad to find someone so like minded .. i look forward to browsing you blog !
    light and peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link to Bella Luna Toys, Karen! I love both volumes of Come Follow Me, and am looking forward to featuring Lorraine Nelson Wolfe, the singer, on my blog soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They are always much appreciated. : )