04 June, 2011

Mixed Emotions

Dear Readers,

It is with very mixed emotions that I must report I have decided not to return to my current school next year.

I have been thinking about this decision for a very, very long time.  I have discussed it at great length with my husband, my mother, and my dear friends.  It has been truly agonizing trying to decide what to do.  In the end, the school just didn't feel like quite the right fit for me, and I had to do what I thought would be best for me now and in the future.  I hope to find a new school that is just the right fit for me, where I can settle in and stay for many years to come.

It saddens me greatly to leave my current position as I will really miss my students, their parents, and some wonderful faculty member friends.  However, it is also exciting (if a bit nerve wracking) to venture into the unknown and search for something new.  I am choosing to focus on the positive and so I am sprucing up my resume and moving forward.

I hope you will continue to follow my blog as I have many exciting summer plans.  I am going to continue making Waldorf inspired toys, work on my sewing skills, and learn to bake bread!  I am also going to work with 3 fabulous friends on developing an e-book about 25 famous artists!  That will be a huge project, but we are hoping to have it ready for publication by this Fall.

And I hope to have a new classroom and class about which to blog, soon.

2 comments:

  1. Karen, I know it is difficult to make these kinds of changes. I want to acknowledge you for being courageous and following your heart. That takes something - especially when the next step is not yet clear. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you best of luck for your new ventures... A huge step forward. But quite exciting too, isn'it? And so many projects up your sleeves. I cannot wait for fall to see what you have done ... But in the meantime, please, keep blogging... I enjoy reading your blog so much.. Such an inspirational person. Thank you.. And happy baking!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They are always much appreciated. : )