22 September, 2011

Displaying Children's Art: Self Portraits and Self Sculptures

Displaying art work is not my strong suit, but I feel like I am improving, slowly but surely.

Here is my most recent artwork display, my students' self portraits.



As you can see, each self portrait has been mounted on black construction paper, to better show off the portraits' colors and shapes.  Additionally, each portrait is hung directly below a photograph of each child. The portraits have been attached to window screens which I picked up at a consignment store, for $3 each.  That was a little more than I wanted to spend, but the screens were brand new, and I thought they would also be useful for paper making, later in the year.  


On the back of the screens, I hung the students' self sculptures made out of colored wire.  

The wire was a difficult medium for the children, but they seemed to enjoy working with it, and I feel that it was a good challenge.  Afterwards I placed the left over colored wire on the art shelves, and now that the children have some experience working with it, I hope they will feel free to try it again - for more open ended projects, perhaps later in the year.


How do you display your students' work?









1 comment:

  1. Beautifully done... I Love the way you displayed it. I wouldn't have enough room in my classroom to do it .. so you are blessed. Working with coloured wires is quite good actually and I would like to give it a go... Maybe for Xmas or Halloween.. Thanks Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They are always much appreciated. : )